BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

License Manager and Hyper-v

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
Yesterday i migrated a BimCloud server from a "Mac Server" to a Hyper-V Virtual Machine (Windows 10), on the "Mac Server" i had also the license and Codemeter server.
After i uploaded the license to the company pool, i can't download it back to the Hyper-V VM trough "License Tool Manager" because i got the error: "The Key cannot be downloaded to a virtual machine".
Is that a bug or an issue of my license ? (I have an Archicad 23 Commercial NET License)

How can i download the license key without the Tool Manager ? or how can i resolve the error ?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am sorry about the issue!

By default, we prohibit licenses in virtual machines. This is done intentionally to prevent tinkering of licenses through virtual environments.

However, you can contact your local seller to get permission to use the license with virtualization.

Please note that: this feature might not be available in your specific market.

Once permission is granted, the license can be installed in the virtual environment!
I hope this information will help you with the issue! Let me know if you have any further questions!

Have a great day, and take care!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
mnguyen wrote:
By default, we prohibit licenses in virtual machines. This is done intentionally to prevent tinkering of licenses through virtual environments.

However, you can contact your local seller to get permission to use license with virtualization. Once permission is granted, the license can be installed on virtual environment!
Thank you.
Same issue.
Contacted local distributor.
Waiting for an answer.
Learn and get certified!