Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

License borrowing error

furtonb
Advisor

Hi,

I'm facing the following issue with a NET key when I try to borrow a license from it:

furtonb_0-1652898800534.png

It has 4 keys on it, all of them has the option to be borrowed that we purchased separately.

Before updating the key (borrowing was activated yesterday), we had another error message that we should contact our reseller (which we did), after updating it changed to this error message.

I went through the CodeMeter Server setup articles, I think it should be working, but it isn't. I've changed the borrowing limits (both the time and quantity) to see whether it's a too short timeframe or something, but nothing.

Anyone has any ideas what could be wrong?

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
7 REPLIES 7
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Earlier this week, there was a problem with the license borrowing function worldwide, but it was fixed quickly by our developers. It was unfortunate that you stumbled into it!

If the affected machine does not have any software key downloaded, I suggest checking this folder: 

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/CodeMeter/CmAct

Do you see any files inside this? If yes, please move the content inside this folder elsewhere, restart the machine, and attempt to borrow again.

If it doesn't work, I'm afraid that you may need to contact your local support again so that they can have a look into your system.

Please let me know how it goes!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

furtonb
Advisor

Hi Minh,

Unfortunately I'm out of office, so I can't check now - I'll do it next week.

The license server is on Windows, can you tell me where the folder should be on Windows?

Thanks!

Best,

Balázs

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

Hi Balázs,

Sure! On Windows, the same folder is located at: 

C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\CmAct

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

furtonb
Advisor

Hi Minh,

I've looked into the folders, there are no files here.

License is working on the local network and via VPN, but clicking on the 'Borrow' icon gives us the error as indicated in the first post.

1. I went through the following articles:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/License-Borrowing/ta-p/303827

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/CodeMeter-software-protection-for-Graphis...

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/Licensing-Basics-Setting-up-a-License-Ser...

The issue that I'm facing is not listed in this list:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/CodeMeter-Error-Codes/ta-p/303524

2. I've updated the CodeMeter driver to the latest:

https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key?

In the WebAdmin interface under "License Monitoring" I have two Product Codes, "1" and "61" - I guess 61 refers to the normal keys and 1 to the borrowing, according to the "Used" column. "Prepared License Borrowing" is set to "Default" at the moment, changing the number of borrowable licenses and the max duration had no effect on solving the problem.

I'm trying to resolve it with the resellers, but I'm writing all this in the case someone has an idea that gets it solved sooner - right now remote work of our colleagues is threatened by this, as I have to be on mobile data at the moment too (today we are facing a temporary power outage in the building that our office is located in, the license server and the VPN server is occasionally not accessible due to this).

Best,

Balázs

Hi Balázs,

Thank you for the follow-up and I am very sorry to hear that!

Working with your local support team is the best option in this case as far as I can tell. They will be able to investigate the problem directly from your system, and collect the necessary info and logs if escalation to HQ is needed. Meanwhile, if you are an SSA/Forward customer, you are entitled to the Emergency License during downtime - be sure to ask your local reseller about this.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

furtonb
Advisor

Hi Minh,

Some updates on the problem: it turned out that our order was messed up on GS's side (somehow HW borrowing was registered instead of SW borrowing - it took many phone calls to figure this out), which is still not resolved - our reseller says there is a change to a new system and borrowing is discontinued (?), but GSHQ is not able to modify things at the moment...

This leaves us in a very awkward position, having paid to the service and not being able to use it for weeks now, and this resulted in very embarrassing situations when the shared mobile network was lost in the meeting and many people were just watching my colleague trying to get AC back to work (as we connect to the license server via VPN, since I had no better idea).

I would appreciate if you could escalate the question somehow, because having discussed the problem with our reseller for the nth time, I'm still unsure when we can expect to get this resolved. We moved to the NET key with the promise of using a single shared key and not having to track many USB sticks with colleagues working frequently from home, so far all this caused us are headaches.

(Borrowing fits our use case the best, I'm interested in getting the same setup that we paid for in the first place, so moving to software keys is not a primary option.)

I hope to hear from you soon.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry to hear that!

Since it is a licensing issue, I will reach out to you via Private Message to get a better understanding of the problem.

Talk to you soon!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT