Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Logitech Mouse jumps on AC24 and Catalina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I've read about this subject all over but can't find any resolution. Since getting a new MacBook Pro running Catalina and AC24, my Logitech mouse skips around and lags every minute or so. It's maddening. It happens on both: the older Performance MX, and the newer MX Master 2S. One suggestion on the web was to run the Logitech Unifying Software but it doesn't help. So, does anyone have a suggestion? I'll ditch these and get a new mouse if anyone knows of one that works good. Thanks very much!
6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru
Does it still skip when you wire them? Have you tried a different BT receiver?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I use the Unifying receiver. When I got my new computer I downloaded the newest software for it from Logitech. I'd hate to go back to a wired mouse, so no I have not tried that, but I would if I had to. Do you have a recommendation on a mouse that works? Thanks very much.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Ok, let me reword that. Have you isolated the problem to the mouse? Might the issue be your BT connection? Try connecting straight to your laptops BT?

The usb port on the MX Master S2 is power only, so you can't use that to test...

Ling.

Edit: RF not BT...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your comments Ling. I did resolve the issue and here's how in case anyone else has the same problem. When I got the new MacBook Pro, I bought a USB-C hub. The Logitech unifying receiver is a little USB toggle that was inserted in the hub. Somehow, there must have been interference with the mouse signal in the hub. When I switched the Logitech unifying receiver to a straight USB-c to USB adapter, it works fine.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Coolios.

I said BT forgetting that the Unifying Receiver is RF2.4... The dongle should not be pulling that much power, but were there any other devices connected into your USB hub? Is the hub powered?

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey- thanks for continuing to follow up, I read online that it's been a problem with other people using hubs and Logitech. My hub was not powered, so maybe that would have helped. I had my monitor plugged in to the hub as well via HTML cable, as well as my keyboard (it's an old keyboard that is direct wired, but I love it). I was hoping to only have one hub with everything plugged in to it. But, it's working great now with the straight adapter. So, I'm thrilled to be flying again! So far, AC 24 is pretty great as well.. Thanks again.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!