Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Logitech Setpoint driver conflict with ArchiCad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this subject has been discussed in the past however it is a new problem for me. I have a MX Revolution mouse and with the Setpoint 652 driver software installed I get problems with the mouse operation in ArchiCad. I worked around this by uninstalling Setpoint and just using the MS driver which works OK.
I now have Windows 8 and have starting using the t650 touchpad which works well except that it requires Setpoint to operate. So the problem re-appears.
Does anyone have any new information about this issue?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have followed this up with Logitech tech support who couldn't help. Graphisoft Australia however advise that this is a known problem with the Logitech driver and have undertaken to follow it up with Graphisoft Hungary. Hopefully Logitech and Graphisoft can co-operate to produce a driver that is compatible.
Eduardo Rolon
You need the equivalent of steermouse for Windows, this is what I used to fix ALL my Logitech mouse issues.

http://www.plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/index.html
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a similar problem with my Logitech M305 mouse. The 3D orbiting and panning work sometimes and sometimes do not. Is there anything I can do to fix this on a Mac?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Installing the latest Logitech driver does not help.
Eduardo Rolon
Download steermouse demo, try it then buy it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Avoid Logitech drivers they have never worked nice with AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just installed and tried Steermouse, no luck (it functions worse than the logitech driver).

I have better luck using Mac's generic driver, but still can only pan half the time.

Time for a new mouse?
Eduardo Rolon
Options :

1. Uninstall all Logitech Drivers, do a google search to see where all L drivers are hidden.
2. Using Steermouse disable all options for the mouse except right and left click.
3. See if it works and Pan and Zoom are disabled
4. In Steermouse add button 3 as Pan
5. Check again if it behaves
6. Add scroll wheel in SM.

-----
The usual problem with some mice in AC is that they have an option for the scroll wheel were if you move it to the left or right they count as clicks or side clicks. In AC these cause weird behaviors, like zooming very fast when trying to pan. What I use SM for is to disable that option (which the LT drivers do not allow).
If this is not the case then substituting the mouse might be an option. Which I did using Apple's Magic Mouse controling with another program called Better Touch Tool.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Eduardo. It works a little better, but if I pan or orbit too quickly, it is still "laggy" and stops the panning process.

It's better than not working at all!