Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Logitech V500 mouse?

MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Has anyone used it with ArchiCAD? I wonder what it's like regarding it's sensor replacement of mouse wheel. Is it as good as the good ol' wheel or better?
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
15 REPLIES 15
Dwight
Newcomer
Who cares, with copy writing like this:

"The V500 Cordless Notebook Mouse comes fully equipped for the road. Sculpted finger grips provide precise control. The fused aluminum skin and shock-resistant bodywork are robust yet elegantly detailed. And its integrated power management system includes a battery-saving on-off switch and status indicator."

sculpted finger grips.
robust yet elegant....
Dwight Atkinson
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Ok then, what does the famous Mr. Atkinson use?

Right now I'm indecisive between v400 and v500 - regulary I use MX510/518, but they have too much cables to drag around when using a Powerbook and I don't like Mighy Mouse too much. Classic mice with as many extra buttons is my preference...
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Dwight
Newcomer
Bigger number is almost always better.
Go for the bluetooth.

I use a bluetooth belkin for controlling slide shows in lectures.
It is tiny and cute but lacks sidebuttons.

I have a number of Logitech mouses and find them to be precise tools. sort of like cars these days, there isn't a "bad" mouse out there.

But at home, the lightest mouse is still the Wacom - no battery - but it moves on the tablet only.

The key decision maker is, once you have the features you need, the feel of it.
Dwight Atkinson
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Dwight wrote:
Bigger number is almost always better.
Go for the bluetooth.
Usually yes, but v400 is a brand new model while v500 is a year old.
I use a bluetooth belkin for controlling slide shows in lectures.
It is tiny and cute but lacks sidebuttons.
Is it supported through OS X or special drivers? I was thinking of using Sony Ericsson V600i mobile phone because it can be configured to use with OS X, but never really tried it. For presentations and lectures I usually am a step away from PB so basically I end up hitting space all the time.
I have a number of Logitech mouses and find them to be precise tools. sort of like cars these days, there isn't a "bad" mouse out there.
I agree - the key factor for me, besides the number of extra buttons I assign to AC shortcuts, is the weight, but usually it isn't listed on the manufacturers' website.

I've had a BAD experience with MX1000 - too heavy so my wrist started to hurt like hell! Now I got a jelly-support mousepad, but the pain hadn't gone away completely...
The key decision maker is, once you have the features you need, the feel of it.
And I can feel it only after I've bought it... Microsoft's wireless are very light, but a bit too ugly. Then again, I need to use it, not look at it.
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Dwight
Newcomer
I knew that: 400 is a bigger number than 500.

MX 1000 very heavy. Big battery.

Clicking mouse in pocket to change slides much more elegant than space bar - gives opportunity for pocket pool as well, there in the dark.

No special driver needed - on mac - bluetooth language.

Note to self: jelly mouse.
Dwight Atkinson
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In the end: Razer Pro v1.6 http://razerpro.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26

Not wireless, but I've read great reviews. Plus, it reminds me a lot of my first classic 3-button Logitech mouse which suited me best because of the lightweight, but after I got used to multi-multi button mouse, it had too few. This Razer has 7 buttons, so it should be fine...
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Dwight
Newcomer
Used Razer's "Boomslang 2000" myself for many years.
Dwight Atkinson
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yes -- I first purchased the V500, and it was awful -- can't pan (no middle "button", only scrolls up and down, so as-far-as intellizoom you can zoom in and out but not pan) -- and the middle sensor is too sensitive, as you will end up in outerspace if you accidentally brush your finger against it.

I realize you already found your mouse, MarinRacic, but in case anyone else out there is reading this thread, save your 70 bucks -- LJY
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Then again, I need to use it, not look at it.
All Mac-users and people thinking about 'switching' because Macs are 'pretty'(this includes my wife), take heed!
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200