Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Logitech V500 mouse?

MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Has anyone used it with ArchiCAD? I wonder what it's like regarding it's sensor replacement of mouse wheel. Is it as good as the good ol' wheel or better?
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
15 REPLIES 15
Dwight
Newcomer
Okay. They do BOTH, then.

Where do you buy your tights?
Dwight Atkinson
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I don't. They are part of my thighs. Each winter i spend a painful few hours scratching myself on rocks and things to shed them, and a new set grows within days!
Incidently, i'm just hacking my way through your book at the moment and i have a question, can i email you or something?
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Dwight
Newcomer
Be quick - I'm off to OZ in two hours.
Dwight Atkinson
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I have a client who is using the 'wall-with-big-texture-on-it-to-make-a-photo-background' method, but he is using it in an animation, so the camera needs to move around. This means that he has a wall(OK, cyclorama) going all the way around. It is also quite high, and he is running into the issue of the wall casting a shadow over the whole model.

As you can imagine, this doesn't look so great, but he doesn't want to change the angle of the sun, so i'm stuck. He has tried putting in fill lighting to reduce the shadow, but it affects all his other shadow casting.

What would you recommend(besides 3DS Max)? Also, is Cyclorama the name of a nightclub in some 80s movie?

Dwight
Newcomer
1: Cut a hole in the wall for the sun to shine thru.

OR:

2: Turn that circular wall into a GDL object.

in the script : SHADOW OFF

Then it doesn't cast a shadow.

Check with other GDL experts for the modern way to do this since I only vaguely remember it in a Matthew Lohden sort-of-way.
Dwight Atkinson
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That sounds good.
Thanks for the help

(ohmygoshohmygosh, i can't beleive i actually spoke(well, typed) with the real Dwight Atkinson! I am never going to wash this hand again!)