Setup & License forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the iMac - want to improve my mouse in ArchiCAD ?

archidevo
Newcomer
I recently moved to an Imac with my upgrade to ArchiCAD 12 ( Its great!) Whilst I am off and running and yes its marvelous to use ( and it does look good ) - I am keen to use a stylus/pen and tablet with a mouse. I would welcome user experiences with similar devices before purchasing? Have a Wacom Graphire CTE 430 (no mouse ) - from PC daze - and a Mac OSX driver is available - however I am looking to get a contemporary similar product. Any suggestions from other users please - would be helpful?
Jeff Robinson RAIA
ArchiCAD 6.5 - 15
Imac OSX V10.6.8
2.66GHz 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
3 REPLIES 3

Dwight
Newcomer
I am a long time mouse-on-tablet user, with Wacom Intuos3 6x8 tablet.

The mouse has many functional buttons and is very light since it has no battery. I recommend this despite the cost, especially if you are planning stylus work.

You would not use a stylus for Archicad.

Even though the dream is of the sketchy fluidity, the truth of navigating is pedantic repetitive exactitude - achieved only through using a mouse. You'll have the tablet in any event so find out for yourself, but avoid the carpool tunnel and stick to the mouse for drafting.

Stick to the mouse and get a house.
Use a stylus and prepare to buy less.
[complete with a better rhyme and get a prize]
Dwight Atkinson

Rod Jurich
Contributor
archidevo wrote:
/...... Any suggestions from other users please - would be helpful?
Jefferson, my first purchase was the Intuos 3, PTZ-631W, but have found the PTZ-630 much better
as it has a smaller footprint and still has controls at both sides of the tablet.
Also bought a WACOM mouse for GDL work but rarely use it when working in ArchiCAD, or any other application.
Check out BetterIT web site great delivery/price. Highly recommend the Intuos 3.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |

Dwight
Newcomer
YOu think the bigger tablet will be better but your arm just gets tired.
Dwight Atkinson

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!