BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

[MAC] Installer asking for privileges even as root

insideru
Advocate
When Lion hit, i decided to upgrade the hard drive in my MP, and so i did. I connected the old hard drive, copied everything onto the new one then formatted it to use it as a backup disk. The programs i was using i just copied over, and i did the same with ArchiCAD. Everything went smooth. I never had the time to install the hot fixes, so this weekend I decided to apply them. Failed miserably, as they were asking for more privileges. I tried everything, and i mean everything, I could possibly think of: repairing permissions, checking for locked files, enabling root user and try to install as root, pretty much everything that came to mind and seemed plausible. It still didn't have enough privileges. Next step was to uninstall ArchiCAD completely and reinstall. Uninstall went smooth, only to find out i can't reinstall it, encountering the same error as before. I am seeking for help, i don't want to reinstall everything clean, please, not that again

ArchiCAD 15 INT
MacOS 10.7.3

Here is the error i am facing:

ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
insideru wrote:
i don't want to reinstall everything clean
No need to do that. Unless you're seeing other problems, it sounds like the permissions are wrong for just the ArchiCAD folder. The easiest solution would be to drag the ArchiCAD folder out of the Applications folder and run the ArchiCAD installer again. If you have an customised content in the ArchiCAD folder, e.g. add-ons or library parts, you can drag them back into the new installation. Then throw away the old one.

Alternatively, if you're really keen to keep the old installation, you could ensure the permissions are correct for the Graphisoft folder and then apply them to everything it contains (see the attached image).
Ralph Wessel BArch
insideru
Advocate
Thanks for your reply Ralph,

The problem is deeper than that. I uninstalled ArchiCAD, so the Graphisoft folder in /Applications is missing entirely. I am trying to reinstall it, but its impossible. I think it has something to do with the Installer, as even if I run it with sudo or hell, I even enabled the root account and logged in with it, still the same privileges error appears. Weirdly enough, its not asking for any account password, as most setup programs do, it just shows "Initializing Wizard" then this error.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear insider,

this problem needs further investigation, please contact your local distributor: http://www.graphisoft.com/purchase/europe/romania.html

Best regards,
Katalin Takacs
Learn and get certified!