BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac Book + Archicad ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if it is possible to run ac 11 on a mac book (not pro)?
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
I've seen it though it is not recommended
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD 11 works fine in my 1st Generation 13.3" MacBook 2Ghz 1Gb ram though I will admit that I ordered another 1Gb ram this morning, I actually think it runs faster than on my 2.8P4 3Gb ram PC XP SP2 possibly due to the dual core processor in the Mac. My Mac has the on board Intel 950 graphics which are ok the 2nd Generation MacBooks released yesterday have the new Santa Rosa chip which supports Intel 3100 graphics and 4Mb ram which should be an improvement.

Of course the work area is very small if you have many pallets opened up, and you will need an external monitor, I noticed that when plugged into my 20" crt monitor the image seemed very dim but I then realised that this was in comparison to the image on the MacBook which was very bright. When plugged into a 19" samsung TFT the image was excellent.

I will now stand on the 5th ammendment.
R Muller
Enthusiast
I do all my work on my 2 GHz MacBook, with 2 GB ram and an attached flat screen monitor. I have 2 monitors, one at work and one at home. It works fine for modeling, 3d renderings with Lightworks, etc.

It is easy to carry around, weighs less than a MacBook Pro, and works well with the 2nd monitor. I do a lot of client presentations with a projector, which connects the same as the 2nd monitor.

My only complaint is that I like to show "live" 3D to clients, and for a large model the video card isn't up to rotating the entire site smoothly. The MacBook Pro would be better in this regard.

I am using AC11 and have just upgraded to OS 10.5 (Leopard).
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris wrote:
ArchiCAD 11 works fine in my 1st Generation 13.3" MacBook 2Ghz 1Gb ram though I will admit that I ordered another 1Gb ram this morning, I actually think it runs faster than on my 2.8P4 3Gb ram PC XP SP2 possibly due to the dual core processor in the Mac. My Mac has the on board Intel 950 graphics which are ok the 2nd Generation MacBooks released yesterday have the new Santa Rosa chip which supports Intel 3100 graphics and 4Mb ram which should be an improvement.
so you think i should be fine with the new x3100 and 2 gb ram??
i would like to buy that macbook, my only concerns were with the grafics, but i do not use a lot of 3d...
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I would recommend you to go pro even it's more expensive however you won't regret it... the price difference is money well spent
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
I may work, but it will probably be a bit choppy.
Learn and get certified!