Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac Min w/snow Leopard - Archicad 9 not installing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I bought a Mac Mini with a Snow Leopard operating system. I am trying to install Archicad 9 on it with the disc. After clicking on the installer the window comes up and asks me to agree to terms but won't let me go any further. A message that pops up reads "Specify directory name" and when looking at the bottom of the window, there is no space available to install it. Does anyone know what I can do. I already downloaded the wibu key for snow leopard. Please Help.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laurapowell wrote:
.... I am trying to install Archicad 9 on it with the disc.
..............What is the "disc" ? (DVD)

Laurapowell wrote:
After clicking on the installer the window comes up and asks me to agree to terms but won't let me go any further. A message that pops up reads "Specify directory name" and when looking at the bottom of the window, there is no space available to install it.
..............No space where? On DVD? You can not install ArchiCAD on DVD!! It goes on hard disc, partition c:!
Or the installer says that the hard disc is FULL?
The installer has the install path....c:\Program files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9!
Eduardo Rolon
If i remember correctly AC09 is PPC so if you want to install it you have to be sure that you have installed the Rosetta program first and used it to run the installer.

It might be easier way to do it is to copy AC09 from one computer to another instead of installing it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Link to Rosetta info in archicadwiki

http://archicadwiki.com/Rosetta
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Laura:

You can run ArchiCAD 9 on an Intel machine under OSX Snow Leopard (or earlier) with Rosetta, but I don't think you can install ArchiCAD 9 on an Intel machine. See this thread:
Installing ArchiCAD 9 on Mac (10.5.8 )
Although this thread offers a way to do it:
Will AC9 Run on an intel Mac

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,
Just an update. What I didn't mention was that we were using Archicad 9 on a iMac with Snow Leopard and I installed the upgraded operating system Lion on it before checking with Graphisoft to see if it was compatible and surprise, it's not. So, instead of spending another $5,000 (or maybe it's more now) on a new archicad, we figured we would get a Mac Mini with SN and install Arch on it only it would not install. After talking to a Apple Tech who could not figure out the problem either, but did lead me away from the paths I was following from the warning windows I received, I remembered that I did not install archicad onto our iMac with SN. I copied it to a dvd from the applications folder on my other computer and installed it that way so I tried it on the Mac Mini and it worked. I had already put Rosetta on it and downloaded the Wibu key so all I had to do was transfer all of the files from the dvd I had just wrote. For now it works although I guess it's time to upgrade.

So, thanks for all of your suggestions.