Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac OS X Mavericks

Tamas Eros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Apple released Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) yesterday as a free upgrade. Please find our compatibility notes, upgrade checklist and other useful information in this ArchiCAD Wiki article: http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks
Tamas Eros
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
65 REPLIES 65
drh64
Contributor
There is a problem with open gl. Restoring my drive back to ML.
Karl Ottenstein
Can you elaborate what the OpenGL problem is? I might still upgrade if it is a trivial issue... but are you saying that OpenGL doesn't work at all?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
drh64
Contributor
Switching to perspective or axon will crash AC in OpenGL but will not crash in Internal engine. There has been a case opened on the issue with GS. I spent over 10 hours trying to troubleshoot it with no luck. Also, there is a very slow response on reading from the Finder for files from Mail and AC. Other than that there are several great improvement and it is quite a bit faster.
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks very much, Daniel! I'll stay away until GS addresses this, as much as I'm anxious to try Mavericks. Thanks for reporting to save many of us the grief that you went through. Appreciate it.

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
JaredBanks
Mentor
I'm on ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix #3 and OS X 10.9. I'm not seeing the crashing in 3D. I'm doing everything I can to overload and nothing bad is happening. Curious.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
drh64
Contributor
Another friend of mine in town is not having these problems either. Hopefully this is an easy fix.
Karl Ottenstein
Jared and Daniel - what are your graphics.cards? Thx.
JaredBanks
Mentor
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Eduardo Rolon
Working on an early 2008 MacPro with NVidea GeForce GTX 285
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB