BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac OS X Mavericks

Tamas Eros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Apple released Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) yesterday as a free upgrade. Please find our compatibility notes, upgrade checklist and other useful information in this ArchiCAD Wiki article: http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks
Tamas Eros
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
65 REPLIES 65
I am trying to open an old AC 10 project in AC10 (MBP Mid 2009, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeFoce 9400M 256 MB) and AC is crashing when starting up.

Anybody succeeded opening AC10?
Karl Ottenstein
Ben wrote:
Karl wrote:

Finally found it... it is not possible to stretch apps between multiple monitors

Hi Karl

You can also do this app by app. Just right click on the running application and from 'Options' check 'Assign to all Desktops'. I guess this way you can have full screen on separate displays and still have your ArchiCAD palettes floating wherever you like. (I posted this on the original Mavericks thread)
HTH
Unfortunately, this doesn't work usefully (for me) either ... I may click the preference to go back to the Mountain Lion desktop methods...

With the 'Assign to all Desktops' - the application not only can use all monitors... but it is always visible, no matter what space you're in. I typically have three spaces in ML and earlier, which Mail/Safari in one, ArchiCAD in another, Quickbooks and other stuff in the third. With 'all desktops', if I switch to a different space, ArchiCAD is always there on top... have to then swith to the desired application.

Thanks for pointing this option out... I'm sure it'll be useful for something. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Ignacio wrote:
Anybody succeeded opening AC10?
Immediately crashed on launch here, too. 😞
Process:         ArchiCAD [7270]
Path:            /Applications/Graphisoft/*/ArchiCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/ArchiCAD
Identifier:      com.graphisoft.ArchiCAD
Version:         10.0.0 (10.0.0)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [209]
Responsible:     ArchiCAD [7270]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2013-10-28 11:10:08.296 -0600
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9 (13A603)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID:  CAC5DEBB-A87F-F0DB-C306-C03AFFB9F747

Sleep/Wake UUID: D58455E5-D107-4DEF-B00B-2CA8CF502A88

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
I got an identical crash with AC 11, too. AC 12-17 seem to run fine though.

This issue with AC 10 and 11 means that we cannot open any files earlier than 8.1. AC 10 is required for 6.5, 7.0 and 8.0 files. I wonder if GS has some thoughts on maintaining a 'converter' option for old file formats... will check.

I tried downloading the CodeMeter Enablers for 10 and 11 again from:
http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key.html
The download and open OK... but trying to run the installers reports that the installer app is damaged.
Eduardo Rolon
If I remember correctly the "Installer Damaged" is code for the Store Security Setting in System Preferences. Turn off "Mac App Store and Identified Developers" chose "Anywhere" and try again. Once it runs you can go back to the precious setting.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Eduardo! That did let the installer run successfully. But, the 'enablers' do not allow 10 or 11 to launch... both still crash immediately. 😞
genarch
Enthusiast
Artlantis 4.1 crashes on startup under Mavericks. I understand the new Artlantis 5 does the same thing, but will start successfully if you drag and drop a file onto the app icon. That trick does not work for 4.1, unfortunately.
Mac OSX 13.6.5

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
Karl Ottenstein
genarch wrote:
Artlantis 4.1 crashes on startup under Mavericks. I understand the new Artlantis 5 does the same thing, but will start successfully if you drag and drop a file onto the app icon. That trick does not work for 4.1, unfortunately.
Artlantis 4.1.8fc1 launches and runs fine for me, as does 5.0.2.3
No need for tricks. What does your crash log list as the problem on your machine?
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Karl wrote:
I typically have three spaces in ML
Oh yeah. I don't use spaces very often....
Seems things are never quite right. Mountain lions "full screen" prevented other screens from working and now Mavericks has fixed that issue but created another.....
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
genarch
Enthusiast
Karl wrote:
Artlantis 4.1.8fc1 launches and runs fine for me, as does 5.0.2.3
No need for tricks. What does your crash log list as the problem on your machine?
That's odd because Abvent says Artlantis 5.0.2.3 is incompatible. http://www.artlantis.com/news/rss/Mac_Os_X_Mavericks_Incompatibility_With_Artlantis_5_0_2_3
Mac OSX 13.6.5

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
Learn and get certified!