BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Mac Studio M1 Max with Archicad 22

KP807
Beginner

I have just purchased a Mac Studio, I am currently running Archicad 22 (I couldn't afford both the upgrade software and new computer). Mac Studio won't recognise my software key, although Archicad runs fine in demo mode so the actual programme is running well, and fast.

I had a hardware key- didn't recognise it; so purchased a software key- that still won't work.

If I upgrade my Archicad will that work or is the M1 Chip just not compatible?

Have used Archicad for 20+ years

2 REPLIES 2
Emre Senoglu
Expert

I am currently running AC25 on a MBP with M1 Pro chip - it runs perfectly fine. Starting with AC26, there will be native support for Apple M series chips. Currently they are in tech preview, and you can download the installer here.

Also you might want to check the current status on the new MacOS release from this week:

Ventura Release 

The license thing could be a bug.

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Barry Kelly

I don't have a Mac so I can't really help.

If you can run 22 in demo mode, I would suspect it is not a problem with the Archicad software.

If it can't find a license then I would be looking at the Codemeter software.

Look on the Graphisoft website for updated Codemeter software, or maybe install 25 or 26 so it does the update for you.

I know you can't use it (except in demo mode) but it should install all the latest drivers.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!