Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

MacOS Dark Mode

DGSketcher
Legend

Are we ever likely to see a Dark Mode that doesn't generate difficult to read graphics like this...

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 19.14.19.png

The blue is bad enough but black on dark grey (lines 3 & 4) is nearly impossible to read. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
8 REPLIES 8

It's great on Windows lolol 

DGSketcher
Legend

To be fair, I don't think light mode is that great on either platform. Ever since somebody decided colour wasn't an important part of icon identification AC has been visually painful to use.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Romans
Expert

In Attribute Manager, it is even worse, since the introduction of Dark Mode.
@GS: Please nail this nasty bug. Thanks.

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
DGSketcher
Legend

As my Q. didn't raise a response at the User Group Seminar I'll share it here...

@GRAPHISOFT 

The MacOS UI graphics are a mess & in places difficult to use. Dark Mode graphics issues have been reported multiple times over the last three years and the lack of action reflects badly on the software. When can we expect an interface that doesn’t include black text on dark grey background etc?

And please don’t blame resources, we were switched from bitmap to monochrome vector icons quick enough in AC20 - 2016.

Can you post example screenshots of this?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

@Laszlo Nagy  Here's a few that require improvement. There's probably others in dialogs I don't normally use...

Black on dark greyBlack on dark greyBlue on blackBlue on blackBlue on blackBlue on blackLow contrast iconsLow contrast iconsWhite outWhite outWhite outWhite outWhite outWhite outDoubled up text in criteriaDoubled up text in criteria

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

OK, I will forward these to Graphisoft.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27