BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Macbook pro15 & Archicad 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I have MacBook Pro 15 corei5
I have a problem: I started working in archiCAD-everything was satisfactory, but as soon as the download has complicated things, mac did not pull it! (I loaded a pair of forged balconies only!) (!!!)
3d was terribly slow, waiting for the last 5-7 minutes on a simple object! I just started working! stands beside an old computer that runs on the same level.
What to do? how to speed up?

processor corei5. мемory 4gb
system version 10.6.8
osxLeopard
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I would guess that the objects that you downloaded have a super high polygon count. My biggest complaint about Google Warehouse, and most 3DS/etc 3D object sites, is that the total size and polygon count of the objects is not given - you don't know whether they are good (and lightweight) or terrible until you try using them.

Do things perform normally if you delete the balcony objects?

Go to Help > Downloads to download the Polycount add-on, if you do not already have it installed. Relaunch Archicad and check the polycount for those balconies. (The Polycount add-on will list the counts for every object, as well as totals.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
During construction render or 3D models monitoring system writes that runs 2 cores. (4)
And that applied 2 GB of RAM 4.
How to make the work all the power!!?
Where this setting?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I made a tutorial explain how to get faster archicad. It' in Spanish and for windows machine, but this week I upload this one for mac and a little pdf with the instrucctions in english You can wath here Curso Archicad
Learn and get certified!