Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Magic Mouse scrolling too Sensitive Under Sierra

Rick Thompson
Expert
Has anyone (who uses a Magic Mouse) noticed that after installing Sierra the scrolling acts like it is on steroids? I turned the "inertia" off, but still, the scrolling is so fast and dramatic is it hard to use. I might need to go back to MagicPrefs (assuming that would help?), but maybe I am missing something. Other apps seem fine, but scrolling in AC is bad.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
14 REPLIES 14
DGSketcher
Legend
I'm sure AC used to zoom smoothly pre-Sierra, in AC19 & 20 I'm still getting step jumps with the Magic Mouse scroll, the view doesn't go shooting off as much, but I still find the jumping views uncomfortable.

If you set your zoom to 1000% and then try scrolling the view will only step to either 1200% or 833% there's no smooth stepping in between. The same ratios apply at 100% and probably all other values as well.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
So far it seems that ArchiCAD behaves with the logitech mice we have in the office on the macbooks in Sierra, so if you have any USB mice lying about, that could be a temporary fix for you until the fix is implemented.

Personally I prefer the logitech MX over the apple mice, I have small hands, but I still find it too small to hold comfortably and I prefer a clunky wheel over the tiny apple bump-thingy. But this is of course personal preference, but for once it has its benefits! 😉

I also have a logitech mechanical keyboard that rattles like a machine-gun when typing, maybe I'm just old-fashioned in input device taste.

Both are very durable as well, I've had them for years without any signs of wear. The mouse was replaced after 10 years of use, because the mouse wheel had accumulated enough grit and dirt that I just wanted a new one.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
I was using an MX mouse but the drivers became unstable a while back so I went out and got a magic mouse. Having just considered your suggestion and picked the MX up from the other side of the room (not where I threw it!) I have to say it feels like a brick in comparison to the MM and the mechanical scroll wheel feels so archaic.

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll tough it out for now, we must be due an AC update soon...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This topic is discussed in this other thread as well. It also has an answer from GRAPHISOFT:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=54158
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rick Thompson
Expert
Well, I wonder what the fix will do since it seems fine after the last Serra update for me.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!