BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Majically changing dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
When using view map in the organizer, I have had a problem (2 projects now w/ version 10) with my dimensions changing @ the windows and doors. I dim. to the centerline of the windows and doors (from archicad 10 library) and when I jump between views my dims now change to the edges. Now, if I jump around again in my views and go back to that same view the dims will go back to the centerline. It will plot whatever the drawing looked like the last time I viewed it. Someone make this madness stop! Help?
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Brock wrote:
When using view map in the organizer, I have had a problem (2 projects now w/ version 10) with my dimensions changing @ the windows and doors. I dim. to the centerline of the windows and doors (from archicad 10 library) and when I jump between views my dims now change to the edges. Now, if I jump around again in my views and go back to that same view the dims will go back to the centerline. It will plot whatever the drawing looked like the last time I viewed it. Someone make this madness stop! Help?
Could it be that you have different dimensioning sets in different views? Please check if they are the same, and whether the d/w centerline dimensioning is on in one of them and off in the another.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Please check your ArchiCAD is up-to-date. I remember that this used to be a bug in ArchiCAD, which got fixed either in a late AC 10 hotfix, or in AC 11. I think a temporary fix is that you change to and back the dimension style. If you have the same dimension style in all views in the file, this probably will not happen.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!