BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Meander in Archicad10

Rajesh Patil
Expert
how to install Meander in Archicad10?

As i did read all the installtion help and as per written over there Meander in optional installtion program. But in my Archicad installtion CD the meander software is not available. I am using ArchiCAD 10 Indian full Professional edition.

If any one knows how to download the Meander software from web, then please guid me for the same. Or any other method to load Meander software.

Note: I do know its available in ArchiCAD9 CD but i dont want that method as i have to load full archicad9 for the same. Did tried with google also but no web site as such i got.
Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
7 REPLIES 7
Andy Thomson
Advisor
For what it's worth, you can embed QTVR movies (.mov) right in Adobe PDF documents. The 'Meander-like' presentation - from you floorplan view - is considerably more professional looking this way also. Meander, while kinda nifty, was always a mess of windows. The PDF consolidates the presentation...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Djordje
Ace
Andy,
andyro wrote:
For what it's worth, you can embed QTVR movies (.mov) right in Adobe PDF documents. The 'Meander-like' presentation - from you floorplan view - is considerably more professional looking this way also. Meander, while kinda nifty, was always a mess of windows. The PDF consolidates the presentation...
would you care to elaborate for the spectators with the cheaper tickets?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Ok.

Step 1: Create a PDF of your floorplan, presentation graphic style. Indicate with little red squares or whatever where the center of your QTVR panorama is located. When you publish this PDF, leave room somewhere for the formatted size of your QTVR panorama movie

Step 2: Create your QTVR panoramas, save them into a subfolder of your PDF's folder, ie. Presentation/QTVRs/...

Step 3: Using Acrobat Pro, place your QTVR movies, using Tools/Advanced/Movie Tool - which will allow you to browse to your VRs - then place the QTVR on the document.

Step 4: You can link to the little red squares also, creating a hyperlink to the desired movie...

It has been 4 years since I have done one of these, but it looks like all the tools are still there.
Picture 2.png
Director
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
David Collins
Advocate
I've been playing with embedded VR panoramas in Acrobat 7 and there does seem to be a lot of potential there.

One question: the zoom feature in the VR seems to be disabled, possibly because Acrobat has control of the keyboard. You can pan around within the scene, but you can't zoom in and out. Has anybody found a way to activate this control in Acrobat?
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Andy Thomson
Advisor
so the alt and shift shortcuts don't work either?? While mousing (click depressed)?
Director
David Collins
Advocate
andyro wrote:
so the alt and shift shortcuts don't work either?? While mousing (click depressed)?
Nope. Mouse buttons down or not, those keyboard zoom controls just aren't there for me in Acrobat.

Here's a sample file Karl put together some months ago. Can anybody get the zoom to work?
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I am prompted to download quicktime. Weird, I have quicktime pro, and I am on a mac. Sorry, no more time for this!
Director
Learn and get certified!