Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Memory full error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, i am having a problem with a project: in plan view i keep getting a "Memory full!" error in the report window whenever i navigate the plan (panning). It only occurs in plan views, not in 3d or elevations. It draws everything ok but it's bugging me every time i pan and is driving me insane. Any ideas?

PS: I have 92GB free hdd space, around 12GB free memory, and GPU only uses around 0.8GB out of 2GB RAM.

SOLUTION: Figured out that the issue occurs when slab corners at the intersection of an arched edge with a straight edge are too pointy.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for figuring that out - I just ran into for the first time on a project - however the culprit in my project was a mesh. Thanks again for posting the solution - I would have never figured it out on my own.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I also have the same problem you posted. I saw it seem you have the solution, but I did not get it. I am starting a project, with autocad Xrefs used as "tracing template". Volumes are very simple and not overloaded. Yesterday I had this remport message: "Memory full!" and now I can not work in plan view. Every time I turn to plan view, report window appears and inhabilitates all comands. If I close this windows, appears again and again, with the same message: "Memory full!"
I restarted computer, try with the same file in other new computer with higher capacity, and it is the same, the project file is blocked!
Any idea?
Regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, just found the solution to this problem after reading this. First time I've encountered it in the ten years I've been using AC.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is all occur because the scale of your disk drive increases due to unnecessary files and caches that you do not remove from your disk drive.

Read More
Anonymous
Not applicable
chamfering the pointy mesh worked for me xxmorph3u5xx,
thanks
dhaval7shah
Newcomer
While moving the same mesh towards north in the same file, it gives 'Memory Full' error, in ArchiCAd 17.
When we move back to the previous location the error disappears.
Does anybody know the solution?

OS X 10.8.2, iMAC 2.7GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 6.20.24 PM.png
Dhaval Shah
Upto AC 22
iMacs and MacBookPros: Mac OS X (10.6 to 10.12, Intel core 2 Quad to i5, i7, 8 GB to 16GB)
Win 10, AMD Opteron 6-Core x 2, 16GB, FirePro W4100 2GB
& ThinkPad E550
& i7, 8GB
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Working very far from origin means calculating with very large x y z values? That's the only reason I could think of.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5