BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mesh to Roof tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys- I am trying to use the mesh to rof tool in AC 10, and it isn't working- I can't find any directions on how to use it, and I don't remeber what I did last time when it DID Work.

So- Any one know?

When I use it - I am selecting the mesh and then clicking the mesh to roof tool, thats how I thought I was doing it before, but no worky this time.
3 REPLIES 3
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
That's the correct way to use it. I ran into this problem in a Teamwork project. I copied the mesh, opened up a new instance of AC, pasted the mesh in the new file, and ran the Mesh-to-Roof Tool there with success (then had to copy/paste the roof into the original file). I don't know if somehow the original file was corrupt, or had a setting that interfered with the addon.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
In Reply to my Post- These are the things I did to make my mesh to roof tool work, I am not sure which if only one was the actual fix or all of them together , - but , here's how I did it:

1.- I Made sure that I had only one Mesh to Roof Add on Loaded

2.- I Selected my add on, and Unchecked the box at the bottom of the dialogue box that says something about using the designated add-on folder.

3.- I think this is what did it- but I had to go check and make sure the layer that my roof tool was defaulting to was on.

Then ta-da!
Thanks For your help- hope this helps some one else.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
After reading the above, I re-visited the file I was having trouble with, made sure the Roof Tool layer setting was on, and the addon works as expected. I think you found the simple (albeit undocumented) answer to your question.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!