BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Message requesting SMB / CIFS File System Authentication

Anonymous
Not applicable
, used to pop up from time to time. Now, unfortunately it is almost every time I click on another application then back into ArchiCAD.

If I enter the password and click OK it will load the server SFFILES however the same server is already loaded but shows up SFFiles (without all caps). I’m working on a Teamworks file with Mac and PC users. I think this is the cause of this pop up but I’m wondering if anyone knows of a way to get it to stop appearing. Perhaps referencing library parts/external content differently.

The old IT guys said the all caps server wasn’t good to use for some reason. Something about it accesses the server the PC way not the Mac way. Wondering if we should ignore this advice and access the server the PC way
[/img]
2 REPLIES 2
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Do I understand correctly that this happens every time you click away to another application then back to ArchiCAD? If so, that's rather strange. What probably happens is that there is a library reference that ArchiCAD tries to resolve, therefore tries to mount the server, but since the case sensitive thing the mounted volume is not what ArchiCAD is looking for.

Try signing in as team leader with exclusive access from a Mac, clear up the Library Manager (delete missing libraries, fix loaded libraries) then do a send and receive. Does it help?
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
David Tauer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The solution seems to be to DisableCrossPlatformMountingFeatures.

Here is a FAQ I made for USA version.

http://tr.graphisoftus.com/faq_entry_details.asp?id=1506

I hope this helps.

Regards,
David
David W. Tauer
Graphisoft U.S., Inc. - Boston
1-800-238-3992
http://www.archicadwiki.com
Learn and get certified!