Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Migrating A9 project to A12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Could anybody promptly help me out to resolve migrating problem from A9 to A12?
What would be the easiest and fastest way to migrate A9 project to A12?

I am ArchiCAD 9 user and I finished a big project for my client who has the ArchiCAD 12.
In my computer I got running my ArchiCAD 9 and temporary borrowed ArchiCAD 12. Everything is working great, I can open in ArchiCAD 12 my ArchiCAD 9 pln files including project's Library transfered through Library Manager.
The problem started when I wanted to open project in client's computer (using A12) where all my Library objects and parts are not visible.

Thanks,

Milan :oops:
4 REPLIES 4
schagemann
Enthusiast
first of all please add OS & hardware details to your signature.

secondly, i reckon your best shot might be to save a PLA from AC9 an see how that goes on AC12... depending on your usage of library parts this may not work however.

short of replacing all the missing AC9 objects with their AC12 counterparts you could check out the following 2 pages:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/Fileconverter.html

http://archicadwiki.com/Update%20library%20parts%20with%20missing%20GUID

good luck and let us know how you went.

ds.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Milan:

If the project is working in ArchiCAD 12 on your computer, then Save As... an Archive file before transferring it to your client's computer. For more information with images, go to Help > ArchiCAD Help, when your browser opens click on the "Search" tab, and input "archive" in the search box, in the results list "Archive Files" will lead to detailed information.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your prompt answer.
I'll try it.
Milan
Karl Ottenstein
milanstrecko wrote:

Could you please promptly help me out to resolve migrating problem from A9 to A12 for my May 04, 2009 presentation?
What would be the easiest and fastest way to migrate A9 project to A12?

I am ArchiCAD 9 user and I finished a big project for my client who has the ArchiCAD 12.
In my computer I got running my ArchiCAD 9 and temporary borrowed ArchiCAD 12. Everything is working great, I can open in ArchiCAD 12 my ArchiCAD 9 pln files including project's Library transfered through Library Manager.
The problem started when I wanted to open project in client's computer (using A12) where all my Library objects and parts are not visible.

Thanks,

Milan FL USA
Waiting until two days before a presentation / delivery is a little last minute for such a major thing as converting an AC 9 file to AC 12.

The last comment suggest that you just need to save a PLA for transfer to your client. (But, unless the client lent their AC 12 WIBU key to you, you cannot save from the demo mode 12 on your own machine.)

There is a step by step process for converting from AC 9 to AC 12 (similarly printed for AC 10 and AC 11) in the "Getting Started with ArchiCAD 12" PDF file installed along with AC 12. You need to read this.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB