BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Missing Materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad crashed and I had to reinstall because the 3D window wouldn't generate. Upon re-installation, 2 add-ons were missing (selections & something else I can't remember) Now the materials in 3D objects are not correct. Any thoughts?
Using Archicad9 on a Mac.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
kristenji wrote:
Archicad crashed and I had to reinstall because the 3D window wouldn't generate. Upon re-installation, 2 add-ons were missing (selections & something else I can't remember) Now the materials in 3D objects are not correct. Any thoughts?
Using Archicad9 on a Mac.
It's not clear why you needed to reinstall, but that probably overwrote or lost track of the add-ons, which presumably were loaded/added after the original installation.

What is wrong with the materials? Are the wrong materials being applied or is the default (pen color) being used (ie materials are missing)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
AFTER UNINSTALLING ARCHICAD, I DRUG ALL REMAINING FOLDERS INSIDE THE ARCHICAD FOLDER INTO A NEW “HOLD” FOLDER. I THEN REINSTALLED ARCHICAD INTO A NEW FOLDER. THE “HOLD “ FOLDER IS STILL IN MY APPLICATIONS MENU.

I INSTALLED ArCHICAD ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER (mac iBook G4) WITH THE SAME TEXTURE JPG FILES. IT WORKS FINE. HOWEVER, ON MY CURRENT COMPUTER THE JPG FILES FOR TEXTURES (EITHER 3RD PARTY OR ARCHICAD’S OWN) ARE NOT BEING HANDLED PROPERLY. BY ALL APPEARENCES, THE MATERIALS CREATED FROM THESE JPGS ARE OK UNTIL I OPEN A 3D IMAGE AND THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY MISSING
Dwight
Newcomer
That's a view default problem - maybe.

When you reinstalled, OpenGL preferences might have been reset to NOT show textures.

Just a big maybe....

see attached
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have since uninstalled Archicad again and dragged all files to the trash. During the uninstall I received this message[/img]p

I reinstalled Archicad and now it locks up when I try to generate anything in a 3d window. I've used new project files with reset profiles. Doesn't matter. This is the same problem I had prior to my reinstalling Archicad the first time. (the materials-textures problem was in the aftermath).

Any ideas?

Kristen
Screenshot_6.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.... I did a spotlight search for everything graphisoft on the computer. Trashed and burned it all. All preferences...everything. Reinstalled Archicad..New file, default profile, create slab...hit 3d and it locks up.

I'm thinking there has been a corruption in panther and its time for an os x reinstall.

Has anyone had any similar problem?

Kristen
Eduardo Rolon
Never seen that problem, but some options

Try to find a copy of a program called Onyx (free), in either versiotracker or macupdate, that works with Panther to see if clearing the caches and the cleanup routines for the OS helps you out before doing a reinstall. AS always do a backup.

Run Disk Utility (under applications->utilities) and do a repair permissions.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a follow up.

I reset preferences using both Onyx and Disk Utility.
Also ran routine maintenance scripts from Onyx.
Reset PRAM.
Nothing helped. So I reinstalled Panther. Now everything is back and functioning properly. It seems something was corrupted at the OS X level. All my project file central databases appear to be intact.

Thanks all for your help.

Kristen
Dwight
Newcomer
I'd be backing up my hard drive about now if I was you.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!