Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Missing PDF Publish Option

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just installed ArchiCad 10, the publisher is missing the PDF option. I found the following link which describes a fix on windows.

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/PDFfileFormatMissingInPublisher.html

Since I am on windows XP, I followed the instructions indicated, and was able to perform them, but the PDF option is still not available. This is the same for ArchiCad 9 also (which is on my system). All other file extentions appear to be available.

-- A related question: I want to publish layouts in a format that I can take to a printer and have the data output onto A2 paper, should the PDF format not be available, which other ones are not bit map and would be good alternatives? For example, is the photoshop option vector based or bit mapped?
2 REPLIES 2
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
This has come up occassionally in our office, where the PDF option becomes unavailable. We simply re-install the PDF Converter (Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\PDF Converter\Install) on that machine and all is well. I'm not sure if this is the best way to remedy the problem, but it works for us without incident. Did you try to re-install the PDF Converter after following the steps in the attached link?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that worked -- thanks a bunch!