Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mouse Preferences

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am just wondering if any of you have a preferred mouse to use with ArchiCAD? I have been using a Logitech M-RBQ124 "Revolution" mouse for about two years and it is starting to wear out. It is getting kind of glitchy (i.e: I will click to grab something and it won't grab until I have started to drag). This is getting annoying, and I want to replace it. Any suggestions?
14 REPLIES 14
Dwight
Newcomer
This is an uncommon mousing solution that I saw at a GDL seminar many years ago. I adopted it and it is the greatest:

A 6x9 Wacom tablet with their mouse.

It is four buttons and a wheel and is the lightest mouse since there are no cords or batteries.
Dwight Atkinson
Rakela Raul
Participant
logitech TrackMan Wheel / USB
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight: I am curious as to how one would use a tablet with this program. I have only done CAD using a mouse, and would like to know the benefits of adding a tablet.

Rakela: Do you find a trackball to be accurate enough? I have heard that they are not precise enough to do CAD.
Rakela Raul
Participant
Rakela: Do you find a trackball to be accurate enough? I have heard that they are not precise enough to do CAD
good enough for me..it is cheap try it and give it a week or two
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Dwight
Newcomer
You put the mouse on the tablet.

So in your other drawing programs and such, you might use a stylus, but not with Archicad.

The Wacom Mouse is so light.

And no cord or batteries.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I use the same TrackBall mouse as Rakela. I have worn out 3 or 4 already. What I like best is you never run out of desk space and you can spin the ball to get from one side of your screen to the other very quickly. It seems accurate enough for ArchiCAD as long as you keep it clean.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Logitech VX Revolution
Light, small, long battery life, cordless, 3 additional buttons, zoom button /which I don't use/, side-scroll function, gear mechanism, rubber sides.
And don't underestimate the mousepad! Good mousepad increases performance dramatically! I use SteelSeries.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine:
Logitech Cordless Trackball

Geesh...I think Ive had this thing for about 9 years now.
the only piece of computer hardware that's lasted this long and over the many upgrades and crashes.

I also use a bean bag wrist rest thingy. Helps you ward off "tennis elbow" as I contracted once using a mouse.