Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mouse Recommendations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all. looking for some recommendations on a new mouse.
iv had 3 high end Logitech ones back to back and they dont really last, so its time to change brands. so looking for recommendations for anything but logitech.

wireless with long life rechargeable would be ideal.
ones that take new batteries each time im not interested in.

Cheers
Gene
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
GeNOeS wrote:
Hey all. looking for some recommends Male Extra on a new mouse.
iv had 3 high end Logitech ones back to back and they dont really last, so its time to change brands. so looking for recommendations for anything but logitech.
I really like my VicTsing PC140A. I didn't buy it myself and I don't think I ever would, but it pleasently surprised me when I started using it. Maybe give it a shot.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
By lasting you mean battery life?

I have had wired logitech mice for as long as I remember and they all last for years and years before anything breaks. The last one I replaced because the little 'feet' started to peel off after 10 years of daily use.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:

I have had wired logitech mice for as long as I remember and they all last for years and years before anything breaks. The last one I replaced because the little 'feet' started to peel off after 10 years of daily use.

hey, lasting as in my thumb wears a hole through surface of the mouse. has happened on every logitech iv owned.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Guess I have gentle thumbs

Currently have a M500 at work, I can see some discolouration where my thumb rests and the logo is starting to wear off, but it still works fine and is comfortable to use and at €30-€35 can't really complain about value for money there.

Got a gaming model at home that is probably discontinued by now, but again no problems.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
GeNOS wrote:
Erwin wrote:

hey, lasting as in my thumb wears a hole through surface of the mouse. has happened on every logitech iv owned.

Wow. I am kind of curious to how that looks. The worst I have had is the left click started to play up, but that was after 5 years of heavy usage. In regards to the thumb, I have only had the texture wear off as that is rubberised over a hard plastic.

How do you hold your mouse? Claw? Have you thought of looking into getting a mouse designed specifically for your hold style?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use a wired mouse because wireless can sometimes drop signal and muck it all up lol.
Also my Corsair has a few programmable buttons. The main one I use is to switch the last two modes, so I can move from pointer to line (eg) with a thumb click.
mi_jan
Enthusiast
I Have been using the Logitech G602 gaming mouse with 8 programable buttons for the past year and a half and it was just 39.99$
- as of late sometimes I have to press on the wheel really hard in order to pan so I might be looking into something else. It’s a great mouse, batteries last for ever, really comfortable and I have two sets of programable profiles that can be swapped with a keyboard shortcut. I have one profile for modeling that includes things like f2, f3, f6, reserve, poly line, escape enter and option, and another for layout that has things like moving to the next or previous layout, drag, distribute , etc...

I love that it has two main buttons next to your left click button and 6 on the side so you can divide up by priority.

Progaming buttons is really easy and you can even set up automatic app detection, so If you use other shortcut based programs besides archicad It automatically changes when you have an active window open.

- 9/10 I would buy it again if it turns out the wheel is messed up, 39.99 for one year and a half is totally worth it in my opinion, It also could be that I was running a couple of instances of archicad and my computer has a slow response and has nothing to do with the mouse.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104914&Description=g602&cm_re=g602-_-26-10...

I’m looking into this one: Corsair Gaming SCIMITAR PRO RGB Gaming Mouse with 10 programable buttons, If I end up getting it Ill edit this post with my findings. But if it turns out the programable features aren’t as good as the Logitec, I’m rebuying the same one.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816069&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords...
iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sometimes on WIN10 at work my middle button 'bugs' out. Feels like hardware failure, but a system reboot fixes it everytime. I think SetPoint (or what's the name) from Logitech is somehow causing this.

Might be worth an investigation before you get rid of an otherwise functional mouse
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
One thing I find annoying with Logitech's non-gaming mice is the limitations in customisation with SetPoint. I swapped out a MX Master S2 for another G502 when I found the lack of options... Wish you could use LGS for their non-gaming mice...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660