Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mouse scroll doesn't work in ArchiCAD9 MacBookPro MacOS 10.4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do anybody could adress the problem:

Mighty Mouse scroll button [and touchpad double-finger scroll feature as well] doesn't support enlarging or minimising view area in ArchiCAD 9 on Intel-based MacBook Pro 17' under MacOS 10.4.7 operating system.

This happens bogth in ArchiCAD and PlotMaker.

Could anybody help me?
5 REPLIES 5
fuzzytnth3
Booster
You have checked sorted out your Keyboard and Preference pane?

Initially having installed the latest update plus installing AC 10 my mouse wasn't working the way it used to, but once I tweaked my settings everything has been hunky dory

I set the left mouse button to Button 1

The right to Button 2

The scroll wheel Button 3

and I disabled the side buttons cos they drive me daft
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem here - mighty mouse doesn't scroll. I've got Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, wireless mighty mouse & OS X 10.4.8.
The problem concerns only ArchiCAD 9, on 10 scrolling works fine but not on 9.
When I switch to using a basic Logitech scrolling USB-mouse, 9 works fine as well.
So what to do? AC9 is up to date and disabling other buttons doesn't work either. Is there anything like usboverdrive for wireless mighty mouse? This really pisses me off
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I have seen another post in here somewhere about this about disabling something in the OS. I just use USB overdrive (shareware) to set up the mighty mouse. Works for 9 and 10.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
fuzzytnth3
Booster
While my Mac has not been affected other Macs in our Office have. I tried the previous fix but it didn't help.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
"andyro" wrote:
I have seen another post in here somewhere about this about disabling something in the OS. I just use USB overdrive (shareware) to set up the mighty mouse. Works for 9 and 10.

I suppose that usboverdrive won't work with wireless one since it uses bluetooth connection.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!