BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Multi-display support

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello folks.

Is there a way to make 3d/section window leave main archicad display ? Because i cant use my second monitor for displaying anything except toolbars. Its a bit strange if you ask me. So, maybe i'm missing some setting that needs to be changed in order to be able to use multiple screens ?

What i want is have a section displayed on my secondary, while i draw/edit plan on primary... is it possible ?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
This comes up once in a while for poor PC users:

Dual Monitor Setup
Dwight Atkinson
Dennis Lee
Booster
Dwight wrote:
This comes up once in a while for poor PC users:

Dual Monitor Setup
Sorry but still a bit confused... Does this mean that PC users can't have the 3d window on the 2nd monitor? I tried, but couldn't move it over. Maybe because I have 2 different size monitors?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dwight
Newcomer
Jay (Hey) Garbarino's post says that he stretches a tiled (not maximized) screen between displays. Try that.

On PC, maximizing the windo locks Archicad to one display.
Dwight Atkinson
TomWaltz
Participant
Dennis wrote:
Sorry but still a bit confused... Does this mean that PC users can't have the 3d window on the 2nd monitor? I tried, but couldn't move it over. Maybe because I have 2 different size monitors?
Did you not understand the instructions in the other post that Dwight referenced? It works, you just have to configure your video settings correctly.
Tom Waltz
Dennis Lee
Booster
Stretching the viewport kind of works - but not as nicely as shown on Link's images on the other thread. (That thread somehow displyed new messages on top - i just found out - which added to my confusion...)
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Learn and get certified!