Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Multiple Monitor on XP

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I use two monitors in ArchiCad?
I want to have the plan in one monitor and 3D window and sections in another...without then disappear when I click on 2D plan!!!!

Is that possible?
6 REPLIES 6
andrewzarb
Booster
The short answer is yes, the longer answer is more complex.

I use and have used two monitors with windows XP for years and love it.

I'll assume that you already have the two monitors working. Let's start with the basics, restore down your plan window and then restore down the ArchiCAD window. Notice that the plan window cannot go out of the ArchiCAD window and that any fixed palettes are cropped by the ArchiCAD window. Floating pallettes are free to float outside of the ArchiCAD window. This behaviour is not limited to ArchiCAD but common to all of Windows XP Applications.

Therefore to achieve what you are asking you will need to stretch the ArchiCAD window across both monitors, this is best done with two monitors of the same size and set to the same resolution to ensure not to crop any of the window area.

I have two different monitors and find it beneficial to place my "maxed out" info box and navigator on the second monitor as I can only work in one window at a time but I understand why you would want to do what you ask as I have tried it myself.

I think that's about all I can think of for now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!
I did played around with the floating palletes but when a got to the PLAN it gives me a error:

"An error occured in the following addon: OpenGL"

And then I can you work with the PLAN streched between the two monitors.

My major problem with the strech plan is that when a touch the plan the 3D and section go to the back (it disappears!).
andrewzarb
Booster
I think you need to restore down your windows so that they're not maximised.

See attachment.

I hope this helps
ScreenCap2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so mutch again.

I was able to resolve the GDL problem and saved a Work Enviroment with my layout.

The both monitors are working great...plan view in one...3D view, rendering and sections in the other!!!
andrewzarb
Booster
Nice to hear.
Another ArchiCAD talk success story
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't live with out one monitor....but using 2 for about 10 years now.....no matter which program I use, Microstation, Autocad or Archicad...has to be on two monitors.....