BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

NVIDIA QUADRO FX 4600 - problems with black background

Anonymous
Not applicable
Workstation: Dell Precision 390
Video Card Name: Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 (Driver:6.14.10.9778)
Monitor Configuration: Single monitor
ArchiCAD version: ArchiCAD 11
Operating System: Windows XP 32bit
Background Color - black (similiar to autoCAD)

When I copy an element from one story and go story up or down - very often I can see nothing. Because everything is black. But all the objects are there (i.e. I can see snap points). So I can’t work. I have to paste the object, save the drawing and then restart ArchiCAD. And it’s so annoying and time consuming. It appears on some stage (not every time) and won’t let go.
When I change background color into any other color – I can see the drawing without any problems (with specified colors for different objects). But I want to work with black background. Any idea how to fix it?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. At my office we used to have the screens set to black to help ease the transition for new folks from AutoCAD to ArchiCAD. But then this copy-paste thing between stories (and also between multiple instances of AC) came up. So now we set our screens to dark grey. Nevertheless, even a white screen still has its elements turn black. Still waiting on a hotfix for this obvious and annoying bug.

If you haven't found the workaround yet, here's a link to another thread on this same problem: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=18428&highlight=copy+paste+black

What I've found to work even faster, because my "Automatic Pen Color Visibility" thing is always toggled ON, so that thread's solution might not work for you, is to do a rebuild: on Windows, it's CTRL+Shift+R. So far, across all 6 of our computers with AC11, the graphics card hasn't been the source, as they're all different and all of the computers have the problem.

And if even that won't work, instead of restarting AC, go to a different story or a section and then go back to the story you wanted. That generally triggers a somehow more serious rebuild than simply doing it manually.

But the hotfix is coming...hopefully.

good luck
Zolli
Learn and get certified!