BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

New Kepler Quadro cards okay?

Arcadia
Booster
I would like to get one of the new Quadro K4000 or K2000 cards with the new Kepler architecture. They look much better than the old quadro cards and will run up to 4 screens so finally I can just get one card for my multi monitor setup. They are not listed on the recommended cards in the archiwiki notes as they are only new. Anyone try them or know if they will work okay? It's hard to imagine that they wouldn't but you never know...
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
2 REPLIES 2
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Arcadia wrote:
I would like to get one of the new Quadro K4000 or K2000 cards with the new Kepler architecture. They look much better than the old quadro cards and will run up to 4 screens so finally I can just get one card for my multi monitor setup. They are not listed on the recommended cards in the archiwiki notes as they are only new. Anyone try them or know if they will work okay? It's hard to imagine that they wouldn't but you never know...
We haven't had a chance yet to test these new cards, but we are in touch with NVIDIA so I hope soon we will be able to see how these perform with 4 displays .

What is quite sure, that the new Kepler architecture result significantly lower energy consumption (performance/watt) also its texture handling engine is much faster than the previous generations's.

So far we haven't received any customer reported problems with any of these cards, generally these should work quite well. For exact details and benchmark first we will need to test these. As soon as we finished with testing we will post the results online.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Arcadia
Booster
I will be interested to hear the results of testing. I haven't pulled the trigger and got one yet (limited availability at the moment anyway) but I do notice that the archicad specific drivers from nvidia are not compatible with the K range of cards so I guess this is still coming.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Learn and get certified!