BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

New Mac user / Mouse Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is really a hardware question but since my Mac is exactly 9 days out of the box (as is my Mas experience), I consider myself a new user. I miss my right click. The Mighty Mouse is nice, but I'm soooo used to my Logitech. Any suggestions to what I should use as a "hand to computer interface"? What do other Mac users use? I want to start off on the right foot with useful habits.
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
I use the basic optical Logitech Wheelmouse ($30)

You do know that you can set the MightyMouse to have a right-click, right?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
9 days into Mac and I learn something new everyday. What options are available to a right click on Mac? and in AC? Is it the same as control click?
BTW, I've used that very same mouse on the my PC for years, but come to think of it, the mouse will have to go with the PC when it gets kicked down to my daughter sometime this month.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Tod wrote:
the mouse will have to go with the PC when it gets kicked down to my daughter sometime this month.
She's just gonna want your iMac

I use a logitech trackman wheel (rollerball for your thumb, two buttons and a scroll wheel). Everyone who uses my Mac hates it ...... but when my desktop get messy, i don't need to clear that area for the mouse pad.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
mighty mouse can be set to operate just like any other 2-button plus scrollwheel/button mouse. I'm happy at home with my wireless version for the laptop, but I use a 5 or 6 button mouse at the office. I can't configure the pan button to work exactly like a normal 2-button mouse, but I can set a keystoke to activate the pan command...
TomWaltz
Participant
Tod wrote:
9 days into Mac and I learn something new everyday. What options are available to a right click on Mac? and in AC? Is it the same as control click?
BTW, I've used that very same mouse on the my PC for years, but come to think of it, the mouse will have to go with the PC when it gets kicked down to my daughter sometime this month.
Control-click was a workaround for people with a one-button mouse. Right-click does the same thing (once you set your MightyMouse to do so, under your System Preferences)

The center button can be used to scroll/pan and zooming in/out.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not on my Mac right now, but I always have to set up the mouse to do Archicad. I'll try to remember what I do...
Go to the mouse settings and set your scroll wheel as "Button 3" this will allow the zooming and panning in Archicad. Set up the right-click on the same screen.
Also go to keyboard shortcuts. Opt+Cmd+D will default to showing and hiding your dock. This is also the command for drag a copy in Archicad. I usually uncheck that one so I can use Drag a Copy. Also, I think F4 starts your computer talking to you. You can uncheck that one too so that you can go to the 3D window.
Learn and get certified!