BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

New font is in list but renders totally wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed a new font called Blueprintdbt to my Mac at Macintosh HD>Library>Fonts (where it shows up as BLUPRDBT). It shows up in the list of fonts in both AC 13 and AC 17.

When I use this font in AC 13 (with Text tool) it works fine. But when I do this in AC 17 it renders as another font entirely. Another detail I don't understand: in AC 13 the font list shows all the fonts on my Mac. In AC 17 it shows fewer, but it's the same list as in my Apple Pages application.

Any ideas how to get this font to render correctly in AC 17?

Thank you in advance for you help!
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
There are a variety of font file formats, and not all are recognized by all programs and OS. What kind/version font is your font file? You may need an updated format.

I'm not sure (?), but I believe opening Font Book and using the Add Fonts command is the preferred way of adding fonts to OS X. Not sure if just copying the file into the Fonts folder will set up the font cache properly. Font Book will also let you find any errors in the font (File > Validate Font).
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

Thank you for the reply. It's a .TTF file (true type font, I believe). I tried your idea of using Font Book and "Add font". No change to the problem.

Anyone have any other ideas? Thank you!
Karl Ottenstein
And "Validate Font" showed no errors? A few years ago, I had a version of MrHand that showed gibberish on Mac (vs Windows)... and Validate Font showed a ton of issues. Found an updated version and have been fine since...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

Right: Validate Font shows no problems. Strange. What I don't get is why this font shows up fine in AC 13 (and other applications) but not in AC 17.
Billy Earnest
Participant
I'm having the same issues....where did you find the updated version? or better yet, would you share? Thanks...

Karl wrote:
And "Validate Font" showed no errors? A few years ago, I had a version of MrHand that showed gibberish on Mac (vs Windows)... and Validate Font showed a ton of issues. Found an updated version and have been fine since...
iMac & MacBook Pro
Learn and get certified!