Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

New user...best way to learn ArchiCAD 10??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got the student version of Archicad 10 and am trying to find the best way to learn it. I have medium experience w/ both Revit and VectorWorks, but have yet to be sold on either one. I used the interactive guide, and though it was alot of help, it didnt cover the more advanced modeling that I would like to get into. Any tips on how to proceed?
12 REPLIES 12
Djordje
Ace
Just open the Help of the demo, and find coordinate input.

Or, the simplest way: click where you want to start the slab, type x200+y200+, hit enter, and you have done a slab 200 by 200 cm ... No, you don't have to reposition the origin every time, although it is also possible to do easily, and there are people in this world that are taught to do that.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
Djordje wrote:
Also try the newish Archicad 10 Interactive Training Guide International 1.2 at http://www.download.com/3000-6677-10560271.html

Watch out, 774 MB
BUT...the movies will not play properly (automatically synchronized) on an Intel-based Mac, as GS has not released the plug-in for MacIntel yet....
A Universal Binary Movie Player plug-in for the Interactive Training Guide has been posted to the Graphisoft web site.

I imagine the download link appears on the page for each language/version of the guide. Here is the US version download page - the plug-in is the same for any version, so if you already have the ITG on your Mac, you just need the plug-in to enable the movie player functionality.

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac10/ITG/download_us.html

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje wrote:
Or, the simplest way: click where you want to start the slab, type x200+y200+, hit enter, and you have done a slab 200 by 200 cm .
Or for the even simpler simplest way, turn on the Tracker, pick the first point and type 200, TAB, 200, ENTER.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10