Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

No 3D in OpenGL, but works in vectorial engine - Archicad 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem but created a new topic since this is in Archicad 22 (copied the earlier post's title)

3D window displays only with vectorial engine. With OpenGL it doesn't display at all, only continues to show whatever window I had (worksheet, section, ground floor) when I switch to the 3d window. It was working when I upgraded to Archicad 22 a couple of weeks ago but stopped on around Jan. 31. Haven't installed anything (windows update requires approval from me before installing anything). I did try reinstalling Archicad 22, including all necessary updates, to no avail.

I saved the Archicad 22 pln file in Archicad 21 format, and the 3d window works with OpenGL in Archicad 21. But I need 22, among others due to the more comprehensive Archicad-Grasshopper connection.

Windows 7
Inter(R) HD Graphics 400
NVIDIA Geforce GT 730M

There is also an earlier post where Daniel Kovacs suggested a similar problem could be due to Archicad 22 switching to OpenGL 3.2. glview reports that I am using OpenGL 4.6, driver from 23 march 2016.

Pls. help. More urgent by the day.
1 REPLY 1
Miha_M
Advisor
jrstockholm wrote:
Inter(R) HD Graphics 400
NVIDIA Geforce GT 730M
I don't have the technical knowledge to help you out with this, but I would suggest you should state which of those graphic cards are being used for your non-working OpenGL view? Do you have the better one assigned to Archicad (I guess the better performer is the Geforce)? I'd also try to use the latest drivers as march 2016 seem a bit old.
I had a similar but vice versa problem once but this one got solved by moving to another project. It looks like it was a project file specific problem.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11