Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

No Project Recovery Window when launching new instance Archicad on Mac

K_Bajorinaite
Beginner

Hello i'am using Archicad 24 on MAC, when I launch Archicad new instance File>New> launch new instance, the recovery file window doesn't pop up. To some colleagues it's the same and to others there is no recovery window as well, the only option is to close Archicad completely and relaunch to get the main window with recovery files. I wonder if this is a bug or maybe could have to do something with work environment, at this point I don't know anymore.

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

@K_Bajorinaite wrote:

.... the only option is to close Archicad completely and relaunch to get the main window with recovery files.

That is the way Archicad works.

You have to launch a new session of Archicad, not just open a new file, for the auto recovery to kick in.

I think you may even have to close all other running Archicad sessions first - but I am not 100% sure on that.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I do launch new instance, but on some computers we get this recovery window ( by doing the exact same steps ) and on some like mine this window doesn't pop up.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 13.50.33.png

my experience says you're right Barry. If one AC session crashes, you have to quit all others before re-launching. It's not a 100% guarantee that you'll get a recovery file option, but it's the surest bet.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
K_Bajorinaite
Beginner

I am sorry I made a mistake while typing the topic, what I meant was this window that pops up, not recovery files themselves.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 13.50.33.png

As I mentioned, make sure all running copies of Archicad are shut down before restarting.

I am not familiar with Macs, but in Windows we have a task manager where we can close running applications.

Also check your Work Environment to see where your temporary files are being saved.

BarryKelly_0-1664762066627.png

If you go to that location, you should find the auto recovery folders ("Archicad_number") - do you have access?

They will delete automatically when Archicad is shut down properly and should remain if Archicad crashes or is force to quit.

Again this is Windows, not Mac.

BarryKelly_1-1664762451860.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11