BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Not able to open "PhotoRendering Settings" window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear,

After days and days of searching for a solution and reading forums, google-ing and trying to find out what is wrong, I decided to ask you.

I can not open "PhotoRendering Settings" window! I am using Archicad 19.

Yes, I tried with ctrl+F10, than through a menu/rendering/..., than through a rendering toolbar... but every time when I click on that icon or press ctrl+F10, just nothing happen.

I changed a screen resolution, minimized and maximized archicad window, updated a graphic card driver, moved/closed all toolbars and than moved it back, tried with opening a new project with a default working environment, and always the same-nothing. In archicad 18 it works normally.

Please help

I am using:
Archicad 19
CineRender by MAXON
Windows 7 Proffesional 64bit
Intel i7-4770 @3.4GHz
16Gb RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphic
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
You pushed "PhotoRendering Settings" palette off screen and it does not reset back, even if you use another Work Environment profile.

This is a bug and we need Graphisoft input on this.

Other palettes return to their location saved under Work Environment > Workspace Schemes in specific Work Environment profile, but "PhotoRendering Settings" palette does not. It does not even return if "New & Reset All" option is used.

If pushed off-screen "PhotoRendering Settings" palette is gone forever.

How do we get it back, Graphisoft?
rgarand
Booster
Try this:

Make sure ArchiCAD is the program "on top"/"active" by clicking within an Archicad window you can see on your monitor. Then use the Windows Key + (the left or right arrow key) until you see the lost window show up on your screen.

FYI
You may have to keep the WIN key down and click the left or right arrow key a few times to get the window to show up.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
rgarand wrote:
Try this:

Make sure ArchiCAD is the program "on top"/"active" by clicking within an Archicad window you can see on your monitor. Then use the Windows Key + (the left or right arrow key) until you see the lost window show up on your screen.

FYI
You may have to keep the WIN key down and click the left or right arrow key a few times to get the window to show up.
Still nothing
adzik
Newcomer
FYI this is still present in AC23 - fix it after 5 years of it being a known problem.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
runxel
Legend
Anton wrote:
If pushed off-screen "PhotoRendering Settings" palette is gone forever.

How do we get it back, Graphisoft?
You can fix it. Why GS can't fix it, is another question...
Anyway I've written about the solution here.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I will report this issue to GRAPHISOFT.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you for your reports and I am very sorry about the experience!

To answer your question, I believe this is Windows-specific issue. So far, I only see reports coming from Windows users (but if you are on macOS, and still have this issue, please let me know!). Even Microsoft themselves documented this behavior here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/181691/some-programs-are-displayed-off-the-screen

Unfortunately, since PhotoRendering Settings palette is a dialog within Archicad, the tricks mentioned in the article above will not help us with this issue. However, there are some ways to bring back the lost dialog. I documented how to do that here: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70262

From my own experience, it is very easy to push a window off the screen on Windows, compared to macOS. Please share your opinions, if you are using both Windows and macOS!

Let me know if this helps with the issue. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!