BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Not enough edges in generatrix. Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get this and it will not go away if i close or continue... what can I do. I need help step by step please. never seen this before.

This is the warning mess:

"Not enough edges in generatrix. at line 418 in the 3D script of file dp_intdoor_panels NOR.gsm. "

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
You have an object in your model called "dp_intdoor_panels NOR" or you have an object that calls this object.
i.e. from the name it may be a door panel called in by a door frame object.

Either way it seems like you have set a parameter value that is causing the problem.
It it hard to say what without actually seeing it but it is probably a zero or negative value for a length, height, width, thickness, etc., value.

Track it down in your model by placing a marquee around half of you model and veiw in 3D.
If you get an error message you know the problem is there so now select half of that area with a new marquee and view in 3D.
If there is no error then you know it is in the other half so now marquee half of that area.
Continue until you narrow down the problem object.

Once you have the object you can try to figure out what the problem parameter might be.
Or you can delete it and place a new object changing the parameters to suit.
If you have the 3D preview open as you change parameters you should get the same error message appear so you will know as soon as you have made a wrong setting.

Don't ALT-click (eye dropper) the existing object to place a new one as it will just copy the bad settings as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I will try this and reply if it works, but it makes sense:) thanks for your help so far
Learn and get certified!