BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Numbers not showing in tracker window

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has only started occurring since i installed the latest update, i am using a mac. When i type in dimensions or angles in the tracker window they don't appear in the proper box but show up some way below it, it still all functions normally but is a bit annoying as i have to look in a different place for the dimensions i am entering
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As a first step, make sure you have the latest build of ArchiCAD and the latest version of your graphics driver installed. Then see if the problem still occurs.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have the latest update for archicad as stated in the previous msg and also have the latest drivers for my graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT). Have just noticed that this problem only occurs when i am using a second monitor from my macbook pro. At least i can navigate the 3d window since the update, perhaps this is a simular glitch???
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In that case I would report this to my reseller who will report it to Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
I just reproduced this bug. Only happens when the drawing window is not on the Mac primary monitor. I've reported it.

(Historically, there have been other issues with this setup - including 3D - so I always advise using the Mac secondary monitor only for palettes. On Mac, if the external monitor is the larger monitor, simply make it be the primary when plugged into your laptop. Windows users have typically not had any issues with primary vs secondary monitors.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
This issue (along with many other bugs) is resolved in AC 15.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Karl,
have tried to make my second (bigger) monitor the primary but i can't seem to be able to do it with a mac i can only mirror them but then i only can have the same resolution as the laptop its not a massive problem so i will just crack on with it showing below
Karl Ottenstein
Typing on iPhone so being brief...

To make a different monitor the Primary, open the display settings and drag the menubar icon in the preference panel showing the stylized monitors to the desired monitor. Whichever monitor has the menubar becomes the primary. I think.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, that easy!!! ur a star Karl thxs, been wanting to do that for ages!!!
Learn and get certified!