BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ORGANIZER LOCKS UP COMPUTER

Anonymous
Not applicable
In v12 on my PC, when i try to bring over a layout, master, or anything else, my computer locks up and i need to restart. This only happens with some of the files and never happened in v10. Are there any settings that would possibly be different between files that may cause this to happen?
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is this a Project migrated from a previous version to AC12?
I seem to recall some discussion on similar problems with migrated projects.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the original project was started i believe in 8 or earlier and has been brought into the new versions as they became available. We did not have similar problems with v10, but maybe something is different with v12. Is there anyway of getting this fixed? In our office, most of our projects occur at facilities which were have already been worked on in previous years under earlier ArchiCAD versions.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you do not have the latest hotfix of AC12 (Build 2420) then I suggest you to update to it to see it that helps.
If not, then you should report this to GS through your local reseller.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Chazz
Enthusiast
tsowings9, Welcome to the forum. As others will doubtlessly suggest, it is encouraged to use a signature 'round here.

I share your pain and would direct you to my lamentations on the subject here:

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=134448&highlight=organizer#134448

For sure, you need to make certain (as the excellent Eric Bobrow points out in the above tread) that the source file opens (on the same machine as the target file!) with no library loading or Add-On loading issues. These can be deal breakers. Lastly I would suggest you do as I do and forget about bringing over layouts wholecloth and just drag the drawings in them instead. (ie create a new layout in the target file, then populate it with drawings and whatnot from the source file).

You, like me and probably like almost everyone else doing serious work here is using files that have been migrated from previous versions of ArchiCAD, so the suggestion or implication that you "start with a new file" is anything but a solution.

Please try Laszlo's suggestion with the hotfix (it MAY have helpd in my case) as well as other folks' suggestions in the other threads and report back with any improvements or frustrations.

Unfortunately, even when it does work, sharing layout data from one file to another is a painfully and inexplicably slow process that I hope with be streamlined in future. Good luck.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Learn and get certified!