BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

OSX Ventura / slow mouse scrolling

rm
Expert

Is anyone else running OSX Ventura and AC noticing how slow mouse scrolling has become?  In particular using Apples Magic Mouse.  

When viewing this or any other website or any other programs including PS, Word, Davinci Resolve, TwinMotion or the like, scrolling with the mouse seems to work at a normal speed and is very snappy. 

In ArchiCAD on Ventura, it takes a ridiculous amount of scrolling just to go top to bottom of any drawings no matter what the scale of the drawing is.

This was never an issue running AC on Monterey.

Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
4 REPLIES 4
rm
Expert

I checked this out in AC24, AC25 & AC26 running on Ventura.  The problem is consistent on all 3 versions of AC noted here.  Even after turning up the pointer speed in the Apple System preferences, scrolling in AC is brutally slow.

GS, are you working to solve this problem?

Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Karl Ottenstein

Robert - are you on an Intel Mac?  My Magic Mouse behaves normally in all apps in Ventura 13.2

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi Karl -

I need to check our Intel Macs, but the Mac Studio is M1 Max.  You mentioned behaves well in all apps, that is the case for us as well, with the exception of ArchiCAD.  In ArchiCAD, the mouse scrolling is brutally slow.

Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26

I'm using a Mac Studio M1 Max and Apple Magic Mouse - not having this issue.

Unfortunately I don't have a ready solution for you. Seems like an ArchiCAD issue. 

Is ArchiCAD running properly otherwise? No other lagging?

Have you tried using the ARM version of ArchiCAD 26 to see if the issue persists in that environment?

Might also consider upgrading to 13.2 to eliminate that variable. 

AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
Learn and get certified!