BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Occupied UNUSED licenses

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

First of all, this was copied from my other thread in Hardware, where no one seems to be able to help me down to the lack of responses, so mods please feel free to delete that one or move this to an even more appropriate forum

There's been a constant issue with the CM license key we've been using in the office where licenses are constantly being occupied when nobody is using them.
We are using Macs for work, and the license key is installed on our WINDOWS server (which is restricted from access physically and remotely [admin-wise]), this is causing a lot of hassle within the office and requires a lot of pain in the ass procedures to: communicate with our IT consultants, get them to login to the server, disconnect the USB, and restart the codemeter system yadda yadda yadda, you get the idea. We go through this process ALMOST on a daily basis now, and it's uber frustrating.

Anybody have any ideas why this is happening? What can be done resolve/prevent this?

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
bump
Barry Kelly
I'd love to help but I don't have CM network keys (only WIBU) so I can't give informed answers.
There seems to be a lot of info in the Help Centre.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?s=codemeter&versions=version-18

In particular this one ...

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/licensing/codemeter-software-protection-for-graphisoft-pr...

Which sounds similar to a setting we can make on the WIBU key server (although I notice it does not always cancel the user after the time out).

Maybe your problem is not helped by the fact that the server is Windows but your work machines are Macs.
But you obviously have access to the licenses so it seems to all be working fine.

You should be able to remotely control the licenses on the server and cancel user from any machine - although as I say I am not totally sure.
With WIBU key we have a 'Server Monitor' program - I am sure there must be something similar with Codemeter.

Is there anyone with Codemeter network licenses that can help?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry, thanks for the links provided, they're somewhat helpful; however will I need to setup the time out on individual computers, or is there a way i can set it up on to the server and have it disconnect inactive users?
Barry Kelly
As far as I know it is set up on the server.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've got further evidence to how the licenses are being occupied, but have not found out why yet, basically, some of the computers are using up more than one license in some situations, please see attached image
Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 12.09.42.png
Barry Kelly
I have found if a user is running Version 18, 17 and 16 at the same time it will use three separate licenses.
If a user has 3 version 18 running at the same time then it should only use one license.

But as I say I am using WIBU key - not sure if it is the same with Codemeter.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm. that's odd because we only run 17 at work...

Really appreciate all your help Barry!

It would be great if someone with codemeter key can chip in some advice too!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was just looking at our codememter and it seems that it shows every session of archicad the users have open. We have 58 licences on our key and it says that there is 17 licences total shared but it shows me 28 instances of station share! I do have only 17 different client IP's though.
I've found there is far less licences being tied up with codememter than with wibu.
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
We are in a similar situation in that we have a Codemeter key plugged into our server however despite quite a few issues we haven't had this one in particular.

The only time we have had something similar is if a user logs in and drafts on our remote server and doesn't log out correctly.

We are in a full PC environment so maybe the issues you are having do have something to do with the Mac vs. PC environment. Have you tried plugging the key into one of the PCs and let everyone access it from there to see if it fixes the problem?
Barry wrote:
I have found if a user is running Version 18, 17 and 16 at the same time it will use three separate licenses.
If a user has 3 version 18 running at the same time then it should only use one license.

But as I say I am using WIBU key - not sure if it is the same with Codemeter.

Barry.
This doesn't happen with Codemeter (at least not since AC12 and even then I think it was fixed at some point).

Codemeter allows you to open as many instances of as many versions of ArchiCAD as you like and it only uses one license.
Barry wrote:
You should be able to remotely control the licenses on the server and cancel user from any machine - although as I say I am not totally sure.
With WIBU key we have a 'Server Monitor' program - I am sure there must be something similar with Codemeter.
The Codemeter version of this software (Codemeter Control Centre) only works for keys plugged directly into your computer. We have to go through IT to change ours the same as mach10 does.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!