BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Oddness in 3D View

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

My first post. I have been sing Archicad for a couple of days now, it's all making perfect sense apart from ther 3D viewports. I come from Maya and Silo so navigation in Archicad in somewhat new to me. Today, for no reason I can fathom, my viewport set itself to this:

This is the flat roof of an apartment building. The view has set itself 90 on it's side and wont allow me to frame anyhting up. Is there a way to reset the 3D viewport? Also, how can I stop the camera rotating around random origin's? One minute the building rotates fine, the next if flings off the screen!

Thanks for the help.

Andrew.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
My explanation was a bit poor, this image may help. The items on the left are columns and benches!

Dwight
Newcomer
Did you check camera roll?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

Yep, already tried that. Wondered if it was anything to do with Camera or Target Z?

Dwight
Newcomer
Is this an imported model?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, all done in Archicad. Only thin imported was the plan view TIFF file. Incidentally, how can I delete an imported figure drawing? No matter what I do it remains!
Dwight
Newcomer
okay try a view with this:

Camera Z 1500
Target Z 1500
Distance 10000
roll angle 0
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does nothing, no matter what I type inot this panel the views does not alter. If I try to do anything in the viewport itself, it snaps to the first shot shown on this thread.

Thanks for the help btw.
Dwight
Newcomer
place a new camera in the scene using the camera object tool on the toolbar.
Make reasonably horizontal settings.
Don't use viewsets or anything else to set the camera.
SELECT the new camera in the plan view and then do an F3.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
That worked! Thank you I can now get this thing into Piranesi
Learn and get certified!