Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Older Licences not working in Windows 11

aussieplan
Participant

I run older versions of Archicad 16, 17 and 18.  My Licence for 18 still works in Windows 11. but i can not run earlier versions now in Windows 11 ( says there is no licence )   When i use my laptop which has not been updated to Windows 11 - all versions up to 18 work fine. Any ideas how to fix this ?  I need to run 17  as i can not save to BimX in Version 18. ( that option is greyed out , and not available under the 'save as' command )   Any ways to fix that problem as well ?   Thanks in advance. Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the question!

Archicad 18 is quite an old version. As we mentioned in this article about Windows 11, older versions of Archicad might run on this operating system, but there might be compatibility issues. If you prefer using Windows 11, I suggest upgrading to the supported versions instead to avoid such problems.

On the other hand, I'm curious about why you cannot save the model as BIMx? As it was documented here, you can still save the BIMx model through Save As command in Archicad 18. What error has prevented you from doing so?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly

Here is an article explaining why BIMx is greyed out in version 22 in Windows 10.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Visualize-articles/Publish-BIMx-Hyper-model-function-is-not-avai...

I don't know if it will be a similar problem for 18 in Windows 11.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11