BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Online purchase of USA AC 21 update?

Is there anywhere we can purchase the USA upgrade from 20 to 21 on line if we don't have a local sales rep?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
Steve wrote:
Is there anywhere we can purchase the USA upgrade from 20 to 21 on line if we don't have a local sales rep?
No online purchases that I know of. Every inch of the USA has am assigned sales contact. It looks like yours is GS NA itself at the moment:
http://www.graphisoft.com/info/where_to_buy/north_america/#US

Every country/region in the world has assigned sales regions from that same interactive map page.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Brett Brown
Advocate
I see BIM6x are advertising AC 21 upgrades on line https://bim6x.com/store
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Karl Ottenstein
Brett wrote:
I see BIM6x are advertising AC 21 upgrades on line https://bim6x.com/store
I don't think that they (Chris/Link) are allowed to sell outside of their designated sales territory though... (?)
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Brett Brown
Advocate
Karl wrote:
I don't think that they (Chris/Link) are allowed to sell outside of their designated sales territory though... (?)
I hope that is not the case as I was looking for the Solo version which for some supposed weird reason (greed?) is not available in Austrailia or New Zealand
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Karl wrote:
Every country/region in the world has assigned sales regions from that same interactive map page.
MOST zip codes will NOT generate contact information for a local reseller.

Open a zip code map of Oregon (for example) in one window and the Graphisoft zip code map gizmo open in the other and check it out for yourself.

Bend, Salem, Hood River, Redmond, The Dalles, LA Grande, Pendleton, Baker, Corvallis, Albany, Eugene,...Portland! - 97202. None of these will generate contact information for a local sales rep!
I don't have the time to check every zip code in the state but if there is one that does link to a local sales rep I can't find it.

What would be better is just a map of the sales rep territories with the name of the rep an their contact information. And update it please every time they change the rep or move the sales territory boundaries!

They use the zip code map gizmo to avoid putting on display how pathetic the local sales coverage really is.

If you ask me, it is time to get rid of local resellers (or whatever they call them now). Use their commission to reduce the cost of the program.

We should be able to order our ArchiCAD products/upgrades online.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Karl Ottenstein
Steve wrote:
Karl wrote:
MOST zip codes will NOT generate contact information for a local reseller.

We should be able to order our ArchiCAD products/upgrades online.
Local is relative. In this case, local means USA vs Hungary, Italy, etc. Whatever office shows up when you enter your zip code is the office assigned to you. In your case - as I said originally - Graphisoft North America is your actual contact point. You do not have an Oregon reseller.

I agree that we should be able to do orders/upgrades entirely online though. 🙂

Karl
Eduardo Rolon
If you are in SSA you can do the upgrades online as far back as I remember. What you cannot do is buy a new license.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
ejrolon wrote:
If you are in SSA you can do the upgrades online as far back as I remember. What you cannot do is buy a new license.
Right, but a lot of people aren't on SSA/ArchiPlus/Subscription. I believe that they have to sort out the price of either a one time upgrade from whatever version they are using or starting subscription with a sales rep... then the download/key update are online processes just as with SSA. The original question was about purchasing ...
Learn and get certified!