BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

OpenGL slowdown

David Bearss
Booster
This is a re-post from working in ArchiCAD which got no replies. Hopefully better response here;

Suddenly ArchiCAD operates fine in in all modes except openGL. There is literally a 5 second delay no matter what action. The mouse moves fine but selecting a new action from a toolbar even has the same delay changing to the new tool. I have updated graphics card driver to no change. Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. The only system change that I can find was an XP automatic security update done a few nights ago.
I went and removed Windows updates that had automatically installed the night before and that temporarily resolved the issue.

Back to work after new year weekend and am experiencing the same Open GL slowdown however this time is more of a freeze.
Any thoughts on that actually having an affect on openGL performance?

I know this is an odd situation however any help / insight would be greatly appreciated.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Lee
Booster
Have you tried calling GS technical support? I think a live person will actually answer the phone and go over things with you. That will be faster and more reliable, I think. Personally I haven't come across any of these issues.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
David Bearss
Booster
Was hoping that someone had come across this somewhere before. The frustrating thing is the sporadicness of the occurance. Closing a project and opening another gives same results. Opening a third project with no problems. Then opening the original project and all is well.

Yesterday I had a slowdown and closed my Zumodrive and slowdown went away. No such similarities today as Zumodrive is not running. Will see if I can isolate anything else.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Learn and get certified!