BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Opening AC in wrong version

KeesW
Advocate
I have both AC16 and AC15 on my computer and use AC16 mostly. Why doesn't Archicad remember the version last used for the project that I am opening? Time and again a current AC16 project tries to open in AC15 - it won't, of course. And that happens even when I haven't used AC15 for quite some time (unless opening incorrectly is counted). Gggrrr!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I always use the right click and open as method just to be sure ...

One other way might be to right click an archicad file pln file, then go to properties > general > change and select Archicad 16.

Hope this works!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kees

Have you re-installed AC15 recently? It usually opens a file with the latest installed version.

I always open AC first, then select the file to open.
As the file type (mime type whatever) that AC uses is the same for all versions, so the file will be opened by tye version that was installed the last (by default).

On Win You may right click on file and select the AC version to open file, or set the default version that wil be working for double click since.

(You may of course change the right click behavior by editing registry....I use AC versions to AC 12 as the oldest - and I do not need to install AC 12 - so I copy the installed version - and than I add the proper registry entry so I can right click to open with AC12).

Best Regards,
Piotr
Learn and get certified!