BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Out of memory opening pmk file

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a title block saved to pmk file and when I open it either directly through plotmaker or layout book I get a 'out of memory' msg box. This happens on both Windows and MAC. If you look at the system monitor little resources are being utilised. Sometimes you get a flash of the title block but then is disappears. I have tried opening it from different systems and the result is the same. If I open an existing layout book the titleblock displays however if I try and re use this title block I get the same result 'out of memory'. Does anyone have any ideas...
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
lchapman wrote:
I have a title block saved to pmk file and when I open it either directly through plotmaker or layout book I get a 'out of memory' msg box.
Is there an image? Huge fill? Complicated text?

What is the size of the PMK?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The PMK file is less then 1 MB, Their is a jpeg image embedded, usual border and text. The pmk file was created on MAC in v8.1. With files it has been already been included it displays but then when the link refreshed this message is displayed. The actual msg is "Not enough memory to complete the operation". The only real unusual thing with the text is that it was created with outline and shading options on. These options were then removed from the MAC version in v9. They used to be included along side bold & italics check boxes etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tracked it down to a pict image that was placed in the title block. If you move this section off the screen (where the image is located) the rest of the title block then appears. I will change the pict file to a jpeg and see if the problem still exists...
Anonymous
Not applicable
that solved the problem... Any ideas on why the outline and shading options left out of v9 MAC version as it was included on MAC in 7, 8?
Learn and get certified!