BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

PDF converter not present in AC9 or AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im having a problem with my PDF converter. A month ago both the plotting Amyuni PDF converter and the publisher PDF converter disappeared from both my AC9 and AC10. I had the Amyuni one put back on a few weeks later and it too disappeared again lately.

Now I have put this one back on a third time but still the publisher PDF converter is missing which is the important one becuase without that I cant easily do any batch issues via email using PDF.

Anyone know whats likely to be up? Anyone know how to get the publisher PDf back on or are we talkign a complete reinstall? Ive tried selecting the PDF convereter in the install menu but that only seems to affect the Amyunni print converter not the publisher one.

Anyone heard of any conflicts with other programs that might cause this?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
nats wrote:
Im having a problem with my PDF converter. A month ago both the plotting Amyuni PDF converter and the publisher PDF converter disappeared from both my AC9 and AC10. I had the Amyuni one put back on a few weeks later and it too disappeared again lately.

Now I have put this one back on a third time but still the publisher PDF converter is missing which is the important one becuase without that I cant easily do any batch issues via email using PDF.

Anyone know whats likely to be up? Anyone know how to get the publisher PDf back on or are we talkign a complete reinstall? Ive tried selecting the PDF convereter in the install menu but that only seems to affect the Amyunni print converter not the publisher one.

Anyone heard of any conflicts with other programs that might cause this?
Are your Publisher Set Properties set to SAVE FILES or PRINT?
In the Publisher you will only be able to get PDF files if set to SAVE FILES.
You should se a list of various file formats you can choose from - PDF being one of them (at the bottom of the list in V10).

If set to PRINT then you have to use the Print Settings... button to choose your PDF printer.
Any installed printers or PDF converters should be available including the temporary Archicad publisher.

Does this help at all?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Djordje
Ace
nats wrote:
Check your user level on your computer. You must be able to manage and create printers. As Amyuni is a printer as far as the OS knows, and the Temporary PDF publisher is created as you start Archicad, if it is not there it means that:

1. Amyni is not installed or working

or

2. You are not allowed by your user status to manage the printers.

Check with your system administrator.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!