BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

(POSSIBLE NOOB PROBLEM) In a very small project, Section not showing in window, (!) on the Tab Bar..

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all, thank you all so much for the help. I have come for the first time across a problem.

I'm on Archicad 21, (21.0.0 BUILD 5021), Educational. English International.

In a very small project, a house, midway I chose to create a section cut to keep tabs on how things were being laid out... so I created a section cut. I had previously created and deleted two others. Upon creation, the section when opened on its tab has a (!) to its name... and it doesn't render. Zoom seems to be locked on "0.0000000%", and I'm unable to change it. But if I ask Archicad to place it as trace reference, it will draw it correctly as trace reference.

Sorry to post this question on the forum, but searches online for this problem proved fruitless so far.

I am adding images as references of the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew0xa9442c5rgua/SectionBug02.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1mvp3nkgx52jjv/SectionBug01.jpg?dl=0

Did a bit of looking around, created a few more sections ( all with the same problem )... renamed that first one... and the (!) disappeared, but there seems to be an origin marker on the screen. THank you for looking into this, every help is welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcfsv0cglx2jfvo/SectionBug03.jpg?dl=0
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If this happens in all sections, you might have some 3D element very far above or below the rest of your model.

The (!) just means that the section display settings is different from the saved view. Nothing bad.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
By very far you mean something like 1KM above or below, for example? The terrain was brought in from Rhino, using the Grasshopper component, but I wanted to view the lines for the curves as well, so I used Morphs as lines for that, for the line component was persistently giving me an error, and since all I wanted was visibility in the floor plan as references, it was ok...objects such as morphs, lines and other constructs count for the section, or only real 3D objects?

Thank you for the feedback, I started trying to see if I had a poorly modeled object or something of that sort... and started deleting one by one on floor plan view, and at some point, it worked... but only after almost the whole model was deleted... so I could not figure out what was the root cause, as what I was handling were normal walls by that point.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much Erwin, I found the culprint! You were correct, for reference I in Rhino imported using the Grasshopper Live Connection a few curves as linear morphs ( since I was having problems importing Archicad lines ), to use as visual references for the level curves on the model. They were all draw on the exact same plane in Rhino, such as this.

But for some reason, unsure if during import or some wrong procedure I did after, it was catapulted to cosmical scale, as you mentioned.

I am leaving the images to show in case someone else runs into the same problem. And it seems all morphs are taken into consideration for the section drawings, I at some point will make proper Archicad lines on simplified versions of the morphs ( since they were acquired by photograpmetry ).

Once again, thank you very much Erwin
Learn and get certified!